Tuesday 27 October 2015

The name's Bond, James Bond


I went to see Spectre last night. 

Let me be clear, this isn’t a product review. I’m not a fan of buying/doing/watching something just so I can pass judgement on it. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll happily pass judgement, but just not for the sake of a blog post. 

But I felt I had to speak up.

The film was INCREDIBLE. If you’re a fan of Mr Bond (and even if you’re not), promise me you’ll go and watch it? If you fall into that latter category (you’re mad, but I’ll allow it if you see the film) then go to appreciate the women. They are INCREDIBLE!!

(Note to self: stop saying “INCREDIBLE” so much)

Despite her grandfather being the chairman of Pathé he gave Léa no help in achieving her acting dreams – not that it stopped her – by the time she was 20 she was already on the film world’s radar.


The first bond girl ever to be older than James (also true for real life, Bellucci is 4 years Craig’s senior) and my GOD isn’t she look magnificent? Giving me serious #futuregoals for my look when I’m in my fifties!


This clever cookie is a Cambridge Graduate as well as an all-round uber-babe (yes, that’s a thing) and was in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, although I bet you can’t tell me which character! 


A couple fun facts for when you do go and see it (don’t worry, I would NEVER give anything away) about the opening scene:

1) The first 5 minutes was filmed in one take. ONE TAKE! It seamless, and very, very impressive.
2) Over 2000 extras were sent through hair and makeup in just over 90 minutes – that’s around 20 people a minute!! 

Let me know when you’ve seen it – I love remembering all the best bits, over a gin perhaps?

CB x

No comments:

Post a Comment