Saturday 29 August 2015

Re-Bucket List: Zanzibar


I went to Zanzibar.

It was over 3 years ago and I had just climbed Mount Kilimanjaro (definitely a post for another time - it was incredible!!). Ever since, visiting Zanzibar has been on my “re-bucket list”.



It is such a incredible place, I couldn’t not share it. 

I was sitting on the pier, way out to sea, sipping on a Virgin Mojito (it was 11am - trust me, I’m all about the rum) taking in the view with two of my best friends. We had just achieved the most incredible thing and were more than happy tanning out toes and passing the day doing nothing but lazing.


We were lucky enough to happen across the incredible Essque Hotel and spent the entire day reclining on The Jetty.



 The tranquility and the surrounding calm were like nothing I had ever seen before and this incredible extension to the Essque was worth every slightly pricey penny!


We sipped away, surrounded by blue until the sun started slipping lower and lower in the sky. It was only at this point one of the girls pointed out that our dinner reservation was in less than an hour and the "sun-drenched mermaid" look wasn't quite suitable.


With the sun low in the sky, we scampered home.


The sun sank lower and lower, as if counting us down to our supper!


It hit the water when we had just half an hour to spare...


... threatening to sink behind the horizon as the reservation drew nearer...


... but not before we could take the ultimate "hakuna matata"  photo. After all, we were on holiday time. Who lets a supper reservation get in the way of a great photo? 

That the end of my holiday lusting for one night... If you'll excuse me, I'm off to look at SkyScanner...

CB x


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment